Acknowledging a secondary focus on fundraising while the legislature is still in session, state
senator Marv Hagedorn submitted his 2017 financial report, showing $9,900.00 personally loaned to the campaign, and $25,500.00 actively raised.
In the interim, the Hagedorn campaign focused on statewide team and relationship building, developing strategies to increase campaign awareness, and planning fundraising events to occur after the conclusion of the legislative session. “The people from legislative district 14 elected me and expect my full attention in representing them, not chasing out-of-state donors and dollars. I fully understand campaigns take money. Right now, I am immersed in my responsibilities as an Idaho State Senator,” Hagedorn said.
Hagedorn’s campaign focus has been on building relationships, not his campaign bank account. This week Hagedorn announced campaign team leaders and the roles hold within his organization:
– Julie Hart, Campaign Director. Currently serving the State of Idaho as the VP of Relationships for Givent Executive Network where she focuses her time connecting successful business owners and executives to find strategic partnerships within our growing Idaho economy.
– Ian Freeman, Grassroot Director. Recruting, training and coordinating grassroots volunteers statewide. Freeman is the campagin Co-liaison to Idaho’s veterans and First Responders. Proud father of 3, Boise State University Alum, and US Army combat veteran.
– Brody Aston, Strategic Director. Brody has served as Campaign Manager for Congressman Simpson, Finance Director for Congressman Labrador, and Campaign Manager for Justice Joel Horton.
– Jeff Sayer, Treasurer. Currently Managing Partner of Rectify Partners, a business advisory firm serving mid-market companies in the intermountain west. Formerly the Director of the Idaho Department of Commerce and CFO of Mountain View Hospital in Idaho Falls.
– Rick Harper, Co-Military Liaison. Harper, retired Air Force Officer, currently working for a major airline as a pilot, also serves as a Government Relations/Legislative Affairs Officer with the Air Line Pilots Association, American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Military Officers Association of American, and the Idaho National Guard Officers Association.
– Joie McGarvin, Relationship Director. Joie spent the last 27 years working in the residential real estate market. Her vast sales experience will be a welcomed asset on the team.
– Michael Tomlin, Communications Director. Currently a writer, leadership consultant, author of Hard Truths, former business columnist and blogger, and university professor and business owner. He served in the U.S. Army Airborne as both an enlisted man and as an officer.
“I am excited about the campaign and my team,” Hagedorn said, “and especially the support of my lovely wife Patty. We expect the campaign to continue to build as I finish my responsibilities during the legislative session, and peak before the primary.”